Please consider donating a basket to auction off at the conference. All proceeds will go to our Sunshine Fund. This fund honors our dear friend and colleague, Molly Elliott, who passed away a year ago. Molly was heavily involved in our chapter, and these auction baskets were one of the many volunteer activities that Molly helped with. Please support the basket auction.
- Spread the word: Grab your team’s biggest cheerleader and ask that they organize your agency’s auction basket. You can have a themed basket, make it a contest, and see what shift donates the most items. Or, have each shift create their own basket and have a friendly competition to see whose basket is the best. However you do it, it is up to you!
- Your basket can be small, it can be big, it can be HUGE! You can have one basket, or you can have several, just please write an inventory of items that are in your basket and attach it to it. Please also put the value of the basket on there too. Alcohol is allowed but has to be sealed, so be sure you place plastic wrap around your basket, or I can do it for you!
- Email Karen Crawford to let her know your agency is participating, so we know how many baskets to expect. You will receive an inventory form to fill out saying what is in your basket and the approximate value.
- Bring your basket with you to the Washington Public Safety Communications Conference in October! Can’t get it there? Contact Karen and she will see how we can help!
- Bid on baskets! And remember, the proceeds are going to a great cause, and we thank you!
If you have any questions, please contact Karen Crawford, East side Ambassador.