PenCom is hiring 911 Dispatchers
PenCom Communication Officers (or 911 Dispatchers) act as the first line of First Responders in emergency situations. They provide life-saving assistance to the community and ensure the safety of police and fire personnel. Communications Officer duties include answering 911 and other emergency telephone systems in a multi-jurisdictional dispatch center, and performing radio dispatch of operational and emergency police, fire and medical calls for assistance. This work involves a wide variety of computer transactions and records functions.
PenCom is staffed 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. In order to protect the residents of Clallam County, Communications Officers work rotating shifts (shifts change every three months) with variable days off. Currently, employees work 12-hour shifts, either 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am.
Salary and Benefits
The monthly salary is $4,810.69 – $6,443.15 ($27.754- $37.172 per hour) plus excellent benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Coverage for Employee and their Dependents*
- Accrued Time Off
- Employee Wellness Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- PERS Retirement and Deferred Compensation Plan matching
*Employee shares 11.5% of the medical premium.
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, all new hires are currently eligible for:
- NEW! $5,000 Sign-On Bonus, payable at the time of completion of probationary employment period
- Reimbursement of Relocation Expenses (for eligible new hires)