We are devoted to the advancement of Public Safety Communications. Come join the fastest growing group of public safety professionals in the country. Our members can be found in every communications center in Washington State. Working in a high stress environment produces different needs and increasingly complex technologies are required for public safety. Come join our team today!
About APCO Membership: APCO-NENA represents its members before communications regulatory agencies and policy-making bodies. As a member of APCO-NENA Washington, you are an important part of the strongest network of public safety communications professionals in the state. Your experience and knowledge combined with that of our other members helps all of us achieve our goal of excellence in public safety communications. If you would like to receive general information on the Chapter contact the Chapter Secretary to sign up for PS Connect. Click here to apply for APCO Membership or click here for NENA Membership.
Volunteer at Western Regional
Take the opportunity to volunteer at the Western Regional Conference in Tacoma!
2018 Western Regional 911 Step Challenge
The next step challenge is coming up! This time we are hosting it in conjunction with the Western Regional Conference (which the WA Chapter of APCO/NENA is hosting this year in March). More people - more $ for prizes - more competition!
We also have an online entry form and a web site to submit your steps to that also includes a dashboard - so you can see where you and your team are at.
Attached is the informational flyer but here are a few highlights:
- Only 4 person teams this time (no duos)
- $5.00 per person to enter (pay Leslie) and (payment not due at time of signup, we will send you the info)
- Step tracking starts January 15th
- Step tracking ends March 25th
- Last day to enter the final week’s steps is March 26th
- Click here to submit your entry form (one form per team)
- Sign-ups are open until January 25th
- Follow us on the Facebook page: @911stepchallenge
- Website: www.911stepchallenge.org
Cheers to Happy Stepping!
2018 APCO Western Regional Conference, Tacoma, WA
Click on the picture below to register.
911 Superheroes Drawing Contest
APCO Western Region PSAPs
The 2018 Western Region Conference
Announces a Drawing Contest!
Drawing Contest Rules
The WRC 2018 is seeking five (5) drawings for use at the APCO Western Region Conference.
Theme: The drawings should depict a “911 Super Hero”
- Family members of Western Region APCO members or family members of any Western Region PSAP employee.
- Must be 16 years old or younger.
- Each contestant may submit only one drawing
- When submitting identify:
- The family member name
- The PSAP employer if applicable
- The contestant name and age
- Drawing content must be suitable for public viewing, as determined by the contest judges
- Any artwork that depicts copyrighted images will be rejected. For example, no artworks depicting characters from television shows, movies, video games, or books will be accepted. All drawings must be original ideas and created entirely by the contestant.
- Drawing should be submitted on paper size no larger than ledger (11x17) and no smaller than legal (8.5x14).
- Submissions can be scanned and submitted electronically or hardcopy unfolded.
- The original drawings of the winning drawings will be needed.
All submissions will become the property of the Chapter for use as the Chapter determines.
An independent committee will be named by the Chapter Executive Committee to judge and select winning submissions.
Five submissions will be selected provided there are at least submissions that are suitable for the purpose.
Each winning submission will receive a $50.00 gift card.
By the end of the business day on Monday, March 5, 2018.
Electronic scanned to:
c/o Drawing Contest
911 Carver Street
Bremerton, WA 98312
2018 Western Regional Conference (WRC)
Washington State APCO-NENA Chapter is pleased to invite vendors and exhibitors to join us at the 2018 Western Regional Conference (WRC), which will be held March 27-29, 2018, at the Greater Tacoma Convention and Trade Center in Tacoma, Washington. The registration portal is now open and the vendor/exhibitor informational letter is posted on the site as well. The registration link is: www.regonline.com/2018wrce
TELECOMMUNICATOR & TECHNICIAN AWARDS NOMINATIONS OPEN!
The Washington APCO-NENA Telecommunicator and Technician Awards Nominations are open until 6/1/2018!
Submit your nominations!! To learn more and to download a nomination form visit:
Washington State now has a TERT program, please click here to view our new page and downloads.
The Chapter spends over $10K a year to make sure your voice is heard in Olympia. Click here to find out how you can help!